Second Chances

Is it you that I want to give a second chance to, a second chance to prove to me that you're worth my time, worth the pain you've caused and always will cause, worth the sinking feeling in my stomach that shows up whenever I think to forgive you...

Or is it me that I want to give a second chance to. A second chance to be who you want me to be, instead of who I really am. A second chance to do things right by you instead of right by me. To do things differently, to change myself into someone I hardly know, just for a bit of nostalgia?  To feel loved by someone who was supposed to love me unconditionally? Who I always thought loved me no matter what?

And if I gave either of us a second chance, well... it's kind of sounding as if it'd just be a repeat. A second chance to do the exact same things we did the first time.

So what's the point?

0 comments:

Post a Comment