The Value of a Dollar

You know what got me really excited just now?

By the end of next week, if all goes well, I'll have 30$ in my pocket in cash. This means I'll finally have enough for next month's riding (I need 12$ more), as well as my half of my mom's present (17$), which leaves me with????

A dollar =D

You guys are either laughing, or staring incredulously. I know it. Yeah. A dollar. That's what made me happy.

Actually, I did the math thinking 15$ was for half of my mom's present, but then I realized that it's actually 17.50. I'm gunna get my brother to pay the 15 cents extra, hehe.

But you know what a dollar is? A dollar is almost enough to buy a packet of Nerds candy, which is about 1.50$ I think (I should know, shouldn't I? Since I love them and all, but I don't.) And I should have enough small change (dimes and under, which I don't count into my riding fund) to make my dollar into 1.50, which will buy me a pack of Nerds.

This makes me extremely happy, as I realized a couple of weeks ago I couldn't buy ANYTHING at all. Nothing. Because I didn't have the riding money yet, and no sure fire way of getting it. As it is, I'm scraping by. But a 1.50$ is enough to make me smile and jump and wiggle in my seat now!

Funny how things change, huh? One day, 1.50 isn't all that much, but then you realize you don't even have 1.50, not even a fraction of that. So when you finally get that much, it's enough excitement for a celebration, if celebrations generally cost more than 1.50...

I can taste those Nerds now, and I don't want to, because it makes it ever so hard to wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment