So Obtuse,

One day, you'll ask me to keep you company and I'll say no.

Not because I don't want to help you, to keep you company. I love helping you. I love melding into your life a little and I enjoy your company.

But one day I'll have to give that all up. Because I can't stand the way you pull my past into the conversation. I don't like how you seem to connect everything that ever happens to some great time you had doing these amazing things with my ex-family. I don't like how you make plans with them right beside me.

Petty? Maybe. But it's cold of you. No, it's not cold. It's obtuse. You're obtuse.

But I'm not about to tell you that you can't talk about them at all in front of me. That you can't make plans with them in front of me.

Because as much as I'd love to say that, I both know it won't work, and that it's wrong to ask that of you.

So what do I do?

I don't know.

Fade, perhaps.

0 comments:

Post a Comment