Heart Break, Forever Style

The future scares me. For once, the future terrifies me.

I'm going to lose everything, again.

And I was foolish enough to believe, again, that forever could happen.

Or that the future doesn't take things away so quickly. That it lets you enjoy them as much as you want, for years and years.

But I should have known. After February, when I thought i had months, when really I had days, hours, minutes. I should have known, because I'm a writer, and every time one of my characters thinks they're safe and sound and everything is calm and forever is real, I've got to shake them up. Shake them up real good. Shake them up so they no longer know which way's up and which way's down, and they don't know if the world they're in now is the same one as they were in before.

Forever waits for no one. Forever breaks hearts.

Again, and again, and again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment