Of Standing Up

I believe that if you let people push you around, never saying a word, they'll keep doing so. Perhaps they will get bored, but then someone else will come around and do the same thing.

And I believe that you shouldn't stand by and watch someone get hurt and not at least try to help. Those that aren't stopped won't suddenly realize Hey, they're doing the wrong thing! And by keeping silent, you're just as bad as those who egg them on.

But sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who has these ideals.

I can't count the number of times I've stood up for someone and when I'm in trouble they've gone silent. They watch. They smile for whoever looks at them.

And when they have a mind to say something, they point the fingers back at me, ruining their whole purpose.

It's now that I realize I've been bullied my whole life, because no one listens to the person they torment. They listen to those around them. And no one around me was saying it was wrong.

0 comments:

Post a Comment