Perks of being an Insomniac

This morning, I didn't want to get up. I've been exhausted since before this week started. I'm literally making myself sick, as when I don't sleep well, I get sick a lot more easily (compromised immune system due to lack of sleep. Which is possibly why I got really sick way back in March, I was having a month-long bout of insomnia,  which has probably turned into almost full-blown insomnia, but I have melatonin, so I'm okay).

It's 2:30 and I'm feeling pretty good, despite getting a bad mark on one of the assignments I handed in a day or two ago. I would have asked to make it up if I wasn't so exhausted. Right now I'm just trying to get through this week passing. When I saw the mark, the option of asking for a redo passed through my mind, she would have said yes, but the rest of me pushed it out saying "To hell with it. I don't have the time/energy/drive to do that. I'm tired."

Tired is an understatement, guys. If I wasn't an insomniac, I'd probably be bawling my eyes out right now. Midnight isn't even the max I stay up. It's the minimum.

Right now, I'm in that odd place that you get when you're so tired, your not all that tired. I'm not about to run around or go swinging, though that'd be nice, but I'm not about to drop on my bed and sleep. Don't get me wrong, if I lay down for a second, I'll be out like a light. But right now I'm just.. numb. Which is good. It's better than being the bitchy-irritable me that I was yesterday (I feel no envy for my family).

But watch as that same girl comes out once someone comes home. My cats already learned what happens when they don't stop meowing at Ammie's request. :D They're alive still, don't worry, but I haven't heard a peep (or a meow) from them since.

0 comments:

Post a Comment