Of Rules

I'm not going to change myself. I've changed enough in the past half a year, and I like who I am now. I've worked hard to get where I am now. I don't want to revert back to someone who can't enjoy life without having nods from everyone.

I shall not lead. I am tired of leading. It is a lonely position, being at the top. And I've tired of it.

Nor will I be led. I will do as I wish, when I wish. If someone has a good idea, I will stand behind it. If the so-called "leader" has an idea which I do not like, I shall not stand behind it. It is that simple.

I am independent. I am not tied with a string to these people. I am not an elastic. I am me, tied to them by nothing but memories. And memories fade.

I can do without. I have done so once, and I have enjoyed it. If push comes to shove, I know I can live happily alone.

I will not spend all my time with them. I have a life independent of theirs. They will respect that, or see me off.

As well, I will not compromise my activities, emotions, well-being, and whatever else for these people. They've lost any hold they once had over me. This is from scratch now, and I owe them nothing, not even a missed Tai Chi lesson.

These are the rules. My rules. My safety. As well as many other small safety-nets. These people have not earned my trust or loyalty. They may never. Time will tell.

0 comments:

Post a Comment