Distorted Memories

It's hard to believe that, when you look at me with those eyes, that you don't remember anything that counts.

You see the days melding into one other. You hear the words in random succession. You remember the smiles, the laughs, the tears, the anger in all very general terms.

They could be anyone's sunshine. They could be anyone's jokes. They could be anyone's rainy day, and anyone's inferno.

But you don't feel my hands holding you up. You don't see my efforts as I tried to pave the way- your way. You don't hear my words encouraging you to reach past the stars, because the stars aren't good enough for you. You don't remember the times you woke up in a bed not your own, and happier for it.

And I don't see how this is possible, but it seems that it is. And honestly? I don't know how to feel about this all.

But just so you know... Though you may have forgotten, though you may have distorted, I have not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment