On Why I Do What I Do

I rarely have a doubt in me being a pastry chef. Especially when I remember why I'm doing it.

I like making people happy. I always have. Even if I'm not always a happy person myself, I want to see someone who's crying smile again. I want to make someone's day brighter.

I can't become a doctor and save lives, I can't build someone a house and I can't always save people from accidents.

But when someone eats a dessert, there's something there wanting a smile. You can eat dinner and never smile and never want to smile, but when you reach for a cupcake or you order a cake, there's a smile in there somewhere, even if it's small. Even if you're buying it to get over a break up. You want to smile. You want to feel better. And dessert and pastries and chocolates- they help.

I want to make everyone who eats my pastries and chocolates and candies to smile, even if it's just a small one inside. I want them to feel better. I want them to have a good day.

Sometimes I lose sight of this, and I think I'll never make it or what's the point? But I find my way again, as sappy as that sounds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment