The Fragments Still In The Wind

I don't think it's anger or restlessness that has brought me here.

I'm just tired. Tired of trying to please everyone, and disappointing. And being disappointed.

But it's a lot better than it was. Before I tore as much apart as I possibly could. Back when I was trying helplessly to please so many more people. Back when I was failing even when I put everything before myself, and getting no acknowledgment the rare times I did succeed. And then being looked over and past as I struggled to gain my footing on ice.

It's a lot better now, but I still have that feeling. Is it the hint of it that gets me antsy? The memory of what was, and what could happen? The possibility of the past not staying the past?

I don't want to lose my footing again. I don't want to end up on ice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment