The Truth Is... We Don't Know It

It amuses me, really, how everyone thinks they know what happened. Or, at least, that's how they go around acting.


They tell me what I did, which I may or may not have done, and they tell me that it was either wrong or right, when they don't even know my reasons (or lack of?) behind having done it (or, not having done it, in the other case). Even if they listened to me list the reasons why behind all my actions, they'd still get it wrong. It's the human way.


And then there are those who have no business in this, or have too much business, and we want it to stay that way, so we tell them the barest amount- the facts we pull and merge into a few simple words so they get the jist. Enough so they can fill in the blanks, and whatever they come up with is sufficient, unless they really aren't getting it, then we nudge them back on the path we want them on.


Truth is, no one, and I repeat for anyone in disbelief, no one, knows what really happened. Not even those without-a-doubt involved 100%. They don't know why I did it, I don't know why they did it. We don't know why each other suddenly shot the gun and broke everything, and why we're both letting it rot on the ground. We don't know why we each fed the flame, or how or where we got the stuff to do it.


Heck, I think it's pretty safe to say that we ourselves don't 100% know why we did what we did.


But even knowing this myself, I'm not any closer to welcoming them back with open arms. And I doubt they've even come to this conclusion. If they have, they're not doing anything about it either- and even if they were to, it's not happening.


I might not know why the fight happened, I might not know the whole story, but I'm sick of the story already. I paid the down-payment for my freedom, I'm not about to risk it all. I'm not much of a gambler anyways- I rock at Cheat because of the few gambles I play.


I don't think I need to know the rest of the story behind the ending to see that it was one story that doesn't need a sequel. Not a sequel with me in it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment