Here We Go Again

Oh look, a name change.

It was only a matter of time.

I thought this up one day, way back... way way back. Okay, maybe not that far back, but it somehow does seem like such a long time ago. But at the same time, it feels like only a week ago.

It was back when I had friends. Got up in the morning, way too early and on way too little sleep (it's not a new thing- I've been an insomniac for a long time, I just didn't know it till maybe two years ago, or a bit more...) and was racing around the house trying to get ready to head to Weil's for my co-op.

I guess I woke up, looked at the clock, looked at my phone, pressed snooze, and thought "Here we go again."

Which turned into a short-lived comic strip (about two and a half pages. I was testing out my drawing style and seeing if I had improved since the last time I tried drawing- I didn't, by the way)

And now most days just seem to go this way. Here we go again.

Wake up. Press snooze. HWGA.

Spend the hour I've allotted myself (trust me, it used to be oh so much worse, I'd only have 10-15 minutes to get ready, if I was lucky) playing Country Story, the only real reason I go on Facebook, and checking out the many new book reviewing blogs I've come to follow (publicly, which I usually don't do, because no one believes you if you're not public about it.). Realize I have 5/10/15 minutes to get dressed before I have to leave. HWGA

Rush into class about a minute before final bell (I have learned how people who live right across from the school can be late for class!) HWGA

Sit alone on my FNS, listen to the preps-that-hate-me (there's a good kind of prep out there, I am sure, I just have yet to meet her) whine about how their shoes don't match their shirt, or giggle about who-slept-with-who, and pretty much dish out gossip and insults on their closest friends who happen not to be in the class (one of them is a twin who insults her own twin sister every day. Talk about sisterly love. You'd think they'd have some kind of super-love, being twins) HWGA

Go home for lunch, but eat very little (I dunno, I'm just not hungry by the time I get home). Go to school for 1-15 minutes (seriously, these past two days I've gone in, talked to my Co-op teacher for 1 minute or less, then left) leave for home, and spend the rest of my afternoon watching Gilmore Girls, surfing the web, and thinking about what I should be doing with my free time, but not actually doing it. HWGA.

Need I say more? I could, but I smell distinctly of horse, and it's past my new-set bed time (can you believe it? 9 PM is my bed-time now. I haven't had a real bed time since I was, what, ten? I'm 18. Put that into perspective. But it's the only way of me catching back sleep I've lost, and I keep losing every night because I wake up at least 3 times, more like 5-7)

Guh. Gah. Goh. Gih.

I might just enter Life's Just A Nightmare if I can write something that's not filled with brackets and is longer than 3 sentences.

1 comments:

D Swizzle said...

From one diagnosed-insomniac to another, I wish ya luck on all that. And thanks for following Life's Just a Nightmare, can't wait to hear what you have to say.

Post a Comment